Ava, Sagaing, Amarapura and Mingun Day Tour
Experience an organized, full-day tour to Ava, Sagaing, Amarapura and famous Mingun villages by private car. Explore charming historical monuments, religious sites, traditional handicrafts, and lifestyle of the rural communities in Upper Myanmar (Burma) and get a clearer picture of Mandalay’s ancient past.
|Departure Time||Pick up place|
|8:00 am||Hotel in Mandalay|
|10.5 hrs||6:30 pm|
Who would love this tour?
Family, Friends, Couple, Senior
Reviews 9 Reviews5/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeCulture, Monument, Private tour, Temple
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Small Group
- Mingun, the place of diverse and unique localities as well as the foundations for what would have been the biggest temple in the world.
- Sagaing, with the jaw-dropping view of green hills crowned with white and gold pagodas, monasteries, and nunneries.
- Inwa, once known as Ava, one that survived the longest with its rich history, is a remarkable country site with ruins, monastic buildings, and stupas.
- Walk on the famous world’s longest teak footbridge (Oo Bein) made with teak beams from a former Amapura palace and local traditional handmade weaving workshops nearby.
- Charming historical monuments, religious sites, and traditional handicrafts in this trip are to get a clearer picture of Mandalay’s ancient past.
Extension Tours you would love:
|Mandalay – Pyin Oo Lwin day return trip|
|Visit Inle Lake via Pindaya|
|Myanmar Experiences: 7 Days|
|Explore more Experiences>>|
- Air conditioned coach (from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Mandalay city area)
- one bottle of water and towel
- English Speaking Guide
- Ferry boat, horse cart at Innwa
- Camera fees and personal expenses
- Entrance fees and zone fees
- Lunch is optional
Mingun - Sagaing
Your tour guide will pick you up from your hotel in Mandalay at 8:00 am and continue drive first to Mingun, the rural village area which is home to the world’s largest uncracked ringing bell, the largest brick base Pathodawgyi Pagoda. The last sight is the Hsinbyume Pagoda also known as Myatheindan Pagoda with a distinctive architectural style and a bright white structure that visitors can enter and explore. It is one of the most notable attractions in all of Myanmar.
After studying the sights in Mingun, we will drive back to Sagaing Hill where you can enjoy the panoramic view at the top of the Hill cover with numerous pagodas and monasteries. Then, Silversmiths, Myanmar local handicraft workshop will be observed in Sagaing.
In the afternoon, continue leaving for Inwa (also known as AVA), a former royal capital of the Myanmar Kingdom located on the confluence of the Ayeyarwaddy River and Myitnge River. After a 3-minute boat ride by crossing a small river, you will take a local horse cart for a visit. Once there, you will visit the Maha Aungmyabonsan Monastery, and the Nanmyint Tower, known as the “ leaning tower of AVA”, before heading to the Bargayar monastery.
Finally, you will continue to Amarapura, where you can explore the silk-weaving factories and U Bein (a wooden bridge), for a beautiful sunset.
Then at around 18:00 you will be taken back to your hotel in Mandalay.
Usually, the Combo tickets (Zone fees/ Entrance fees) for this tour is not included in our price in case you already bought a Combo ticket before your tour. If so, we recommend you to bring your Combo ticket with you at all times during your visit (or) our guide will assist you to buy this.
This tour can not be booked in the same day of departure and need to book in advance. We recommend you to book this tour at least 15 hrs in advance to have secure arrangements especially in high season (October to March).
We operate this tour in privately as we, MUL considered to the privacy of the travellers and not sharing with other travelers. But solo traveler can still book for this tour with reasonable (solo) price by choosing 1 pax at our checkout page.
Yes Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- We suggest you carry slipper and something to protect from the sun and the dust.
- Shorts or sleeveless tops and shoes are not allowed to enter the place of Pagodas and Religious area.